Amazing Cake Recipe – Sock It To Me Cake
Amazing Cake Recipe – Sock It To Me CakeSubmitted by Suzie
With the 4th of July in the near future, I’m thinking of recipes that are crowd-pleasing potluck favorites. What comes to mind is a cake from my childhood that I think most people have likely had some version of – the Sock It To Me Cake. Yep, this cake will knock your socks off. A cake with sour cream. This is truly one of those Amazing Cake Recipes.
This is a recipe with cake mix, and we all know those cake mixes come in real handy! No measuring required, just open the bag and pour it in the bowl. This is one of my favorite bundt cake recipes. Don’t worry if you don’t have a bundt pan, any cake pan will do.
Things You’ll Need:
- Medium mixing bwl
- Small mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- 1 Box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts (chopped)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put cake mix into mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl and add to cake mix along with sugar and oil.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts, vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Grease the bundt pan and pour in half the batter.
- Layer in the brown sugar and cinnamon and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for about an hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until cool to the touch.
- Remove from pan by turning upside down onto the cake plate.
Filed under: Cake & Frosting Recipes