Chef Thierry Rautureau’s Easy Summer Pound Cake
Easy Summer Pound Cake
If you are normally afraid of baking cakes from scratch, this one is for you. It has no frosting and it’s super easy to make!
Did you know it’s called a “pound” cake because it literally weighs a pound when it’s done? Just a bit of trivia there for you. :)
Things you’ll need:
- Loaf pan
- Stand or hand mixer
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/4 lb sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter and flour a loaf pan
- In mixer, or by hand, mix together sugar and butter until creamy.
- Slowly add eggs and mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients; flour, salt and baking powder
- Slowly add dry mixture to butter and eggs mixture, being careful not to mix in too fast or you’ll get a poof of flour in your face!
- Mix on medium speed for 1 or 2 minutes. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
While it’s baking, make your berry topping:
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and cut up or mash
- Add sugar and mix together
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour
- Whip heavy cream until thickened
- Add sugar
- Add vanilla or 1/2 vanilla bean (cut in half length wise and scraped with a knife)
- Whip another minute or until whipped cream forms peaks
Slice and serve your pound cake topped with whipped cream, fresh berry topping, and a sprinkle of Bachelor button flower petals.
Optional fruit toppings can be made with cherries, peaches, apricots or plums.
Filed under: Cake & Frosting Recipes