Delicious Apple Muffin Recipes
>Delicious Apple Muffin Recipes/
October is the best time of year to use up those fresh apples and bake some great apple muffin recipes. After all…they are good for you! Why? Well…there are many nutritional benefits of eating apples. They’re full of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. A regular apple contains 2.6g of fiber in the apple peel alone!
Apples contain vitamin A, C and folic acid, and are rich in potassium, magnesium, manganese and essential minerals that are especially beneficial for a healthy heart. These vitamins and minerals are found in the fruit of the apple, but are more concentrated in the peel, so make sure you eat it!
And did you know that if you eat two apples a day, the powerful antioxidants such as flavonoids, quercetin and polyphenols, are substances that are helpful in reducing asthma? Who knew?
So take a look below, find your favorite recipe, and bake some apple muffins today, with (or without) the peel, and enjoy! They are so tasty… and healthy!
Apple Walnut Muffins
Easy and Delicious Apple Muffins
Things You’ll Need:
- Muffin pans
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup apple – (peeled), cored and chopped (For healthier muffins, leave on the peel)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place baking cups into muffin trays.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- In medium bowl, mix milk, egg, vanilla and butter set aside.
- Slowly stir egg mixture into flour mixture and mix batter well.
- Gradually fold in chopped apples into the mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan.
Yield: About 12 servings