How to Make a Parchment Cone or Piping Bag
Thursday, May 19th, 2011 at 8:06 am
How to Make a Parchment Paper Cone or Piping Bag
- Take your parchment paper sheet and fold it in half.
- Using your serrated knife, slide it along the fold to cut into two triangles.
- Grab two corners of the paper (the longest sides), and with one hand, turn the paper to meet the middle corner. Hold it there.
- Now with the other hand, turn the paper all the way around the outside of the first side, meeting the corner with the other two sides, until you get the cone shape, and all three corners are lined up. You should now have a cone with a sharp tip. This takes practice, so be patient!
- Now, while holding the three sides together, fold the corners down toward the inside of the cone.
- That’s it!
- An additional step is to tear a little tab in the fold, and fold it over to secure it. To do this, after you fold over the three corners, (Step 5) make two tiny tears about 1/2″ long and about 1/4″ apart, in the center of the fold. Fold over the little tab.
- Now you can cut the tip off and either put a metal tip in it or cut the tip of the paper into the shape you want to use. This is often done for piping small round lines for writing , or cut it into a v-shape for making leaves. If using a metal tip, be careful not to cut off too much of the tip of the cone.
- Once your tip is ready, you are ready to fill your cone with your frosting.
- Only fill it half way, then fold over the ends in 3 sections and squeeze the frosting down into the tip.
- Now you are ready to decorate!!
Filed under: Cake Decorating 101