How to Make Eggnog Frosting
Thursday, December 1st, 2011 at 4:00 pm
How to Make Eggnog Frosting, Eggnog Icing Recipe
Eggnog Frosting Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup butter, softened
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, and nutmeg
- Add the eggnog.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in separate bowl.
- Gradually stir just some of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, starting with very little and then adding a little more (see video above).
- Return egg mixture to saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and let cool to room temperature.
- After mixture is cooled, beat the softened butter (with mixer) until fluffy; about 1 minute.
- Add cooled mixture to butter a little at a time, mixing at low speed after each addition.
- Now it’s ready for your cake!