In the Pink for October, Breast Cancer Awareness
We’re In the Pink for October! October is almost here and you know what that means. It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to show your support this year, why not bake a beautiful pink cake or even a Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Ribbon Cupcake Tray Holder Bring it to your event and everyone will absolutely love it.
Need some inspiration? No problem! We wanted to help you support the cause, so we’ve come up with some great ideas for your pink cake or cupcake creations.
Take a look below and you’ll not only find pink cake photos, but we’ve also included everything you could possibly need to bake and decorate your Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Cake or Pink Cupcakes.
Also below, I’ve included a little Pink Storefront for you so that you can shop for the things you need right here. You’ll find products to bake, frost, decorate and serve your cake or cupcakes, such as pink sprinkles, pink sugar sheets, pink cake toppers, pink dessert plates, pink cake stands, cupcake towers and even breast cancer awareness t-shirts.
Things You’ll Need
- 1 pkg white cake mix or your favorite White Cake Recipe.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Rose Icing Color
- 16 oz. frozen strawberries, sweetened and thawed, then pureed.
- 3-1/2 cups Buttercream icing or White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray ribbon cake pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, (or favorite white cake recipe ingredients) sour cream, egg whites, vegetable oil and, if desired, pink food coloring with electric mixer.
- Beat on high 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add pureed strawberries and continue to mix for 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan or if using two pans, divide the batter evenly between them.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center is clean when removed.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Then remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Cut cake board to shape and cover with silver fanci-foil.
- Color 1-1/4 cups of the frosting pink.
- Position cooled cake on prepared board.
- Frost sides until smooth using a spatula and white frosting.
- Frost the top fold area of the ribbon smooth with pink frosting
- With tip #4, outline ribbon in pink
- Fill in the rest of the ribbon with pink stars using tip #16.
- Then pipe white shells along the bottom with tip #18.
Filed under: Special Event Cakes