Weight Watchers Mini Microwave Cake
Weight Watchers Mini Cake | Four Point Microwave CakeSubmitted by Shirley This is a great Weight Watchers recipe using either two cake mixes; an angel food cake mix and any other flavor cake mix, or you can use just one cake mix as long as it is a reduced sugar cake mix. It is delicious either way, and super easy to make.
I buy a box of any flavor cake mix and a box of angel food cake mix, or if I see a reduced sugar cake mix, I’ll get that instead. I pour the cake mix(es) in a bag and mix them together, if using two. Then I take 1/3 cup of the cake mix and add 3 tablespoons of water or soda. I mix that together in a microwave safe bowl or mug and then put it in the microwave for one minute. Voila, I have cake! I don’t use any frosting. I just prefer it that way, and I’m cutting the calories even more! But if you want to use the frosting, use the reduced sugar kind and only use 1 tblsp. This is a great way to have my cake and eat it too! And I don’t have to eat a whole cake, just my one serving. It’s perfect! And that bag of cake mix lasts a long time, and it’s inexpensive. Whenever I get a hankering for cake, there it is!
Recipe Variations:This cake recipe can be changed as you’ll see in the video below. She uses a reduced sugar cake mix instead of the mixture of angel food and another flavor. Either way will work. You’ll see that she uses soda instead of water. If you use the mixture of angel food and another flavor, use water. If you use just one cake mix, use the soda. Watch this:
Things You’ll Need
- Cooking Spray
- Reduced sugar cake mix (any flavor), or combination of Angel food cake mix and any other flavor regular cake mix.
- Microwave safe cereal bowl or coffee mug and spoon
- Water or Soda (Use any dark soda for dark cake mixes, light colored soda for light colored cake mixes)
- Reduced sugar frosting
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Any flavor cake mix (As packaged – without the added ingredients)
- Angel Food cake mix – optional (As packaged – without the added ingredients)
- Any diet soda or water
- Spray the bowl with cooking spray
- Add 1/3 cup cake mix to the bowl or mug
- Add 3 Tbsp soda to the cake mix and mix together with a spoon
- Cook in microwave for 1 & 1/2 minutes on high, until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (Time may vary depending on your microwave)
- Scoop 1 tblsp. of the reduced fat frosting onto the top of the cake and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds. This will soften the frosting.
- Now take your spoon and spread the frosting over the cake.
Interested in a great Sugar Free Carrot Cake? Check it out here!
Filed under: Cake & Frosting Recipes